Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Family

I have found pinterest, and I really love it. You can find all sorts of stuff there. I really love the different quotes, etc that I have found.

I recently found this one:

"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

It might not have anything to do with adoption, and I have no idea who even wrote it. But, I love it and I think it describes us, and my family. Sounds so silly - but I cry every time I read it.

We are getting close, I know we will be done by the end of the year. We don't have an actual date yet. But, every step is a step forward.

Oh, and if you are wondering what pinterest is - here is a response I wrote on a crafty message board.

What is Pinterest, and how does it work?
It is kinda like all of your favorite links in one picture space.

I know for me, when I like something I find online, I save it to my favorites, or bookmarks.

But, when you do that (for me) when I am looking for something again, I sometimes have to click on many links because I can't remember which link corresponds to what items.

So, pinterest allows you to do that same thing, but in PICTURE form. So, just like your bookmarks, you can have folders. Each "pin" is a picture of something you like - but, the picture is actually a LINK to the original item.

So, instead of clicking on links in your favorites, you have an entire folder of pictures. Then you can see everything in one spot, and click on the pic for more info if needed.

But, what is also great about it is the search. Think about it this way - sometimes when I am searching for something on google, I will do an image search instead (I am a visual person). But - - sometimes I don't find what I am looking for pages!

Since people are only "pinning" things that they love, it is much easier to find great things. Not page after page of google images that have nothing to do with what I searched for.

Once you sign up, you install their "pin tool" which allows you to add items that YOU love to your boards. Things that you find on blogs, your favorite websites, etc.

It IS a sharing site, so once you pin it, it will be shared with your followers and everyone else on pinterest. You can connect with your facebook friends. This way you see their pins, they will see yours, etc.

You can have several boards...clothes, recipes, crafty items, quotes, party ideas, etc, etc.

Just a warning - once you get on it, it is so addicting LOL.

RIght now, it is an invite thing - you can post your e-mail and I can send you an invite.


I love it, I have gotten so many ideas for my girls' birthday party.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...