Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baby Names

Because I think this information is cool, I just wanted to share it here.

Every year, right before Mother's Day - the Social Security Administration makes public the top 1000 names for the year before. It records all new SS# applications and the names on the app. For the most part, it basically means that it records births and the names of babies born the year before. This is mostly true, but it also does include the small number of people that legally change their first name.

Here is the SSA list for 2009:
http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi


And because are so many names that are really the same name, just spelled differently - this site combines all the different spellings to get a more accurate list:
http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/pop.html

I think this information is cool, so thought I would share it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! I love that my chosen names arent on the list!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...