Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WOWZA - big giant baby....

Wowza! We have had a few growth scans because of my marginal insertion of the cord.

The last scan was at 29 weeks and the baby was almost 4 pounds. So, I KNEW that today the baby was gonna be on the big side.

Well, I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and the baby is estimated at 6 pounds!! Colin was only 6.5 weeks at birth (38 weeks). That is a big difference in weights.

According to the weight alone, I am measuring about 2 weeks ahead. We spoke about "options". She said that I can choose an elective c/s at 39 weeks. Or, can choose an induction at the same time. But, I have a repeat scan at 37 weeks, so they said that they may move up any induction date based on that scan.

I would rather not have a c/s by choice....so I guess we will have to just wait and see.

My fluid is still on the high side, but that is because of the size of the baby.

To be honest, the size of the baby makes me measure ahead, and the extra fluid probably makes my uterus larger as well - so I don't think I will make it to any induction date. I think I will deliver around 37-38 weeks anyway.

So, holy moly - big baby here

2 comments:

Stacie said...

My goodness, that is a big baby. You may opt for C-section after all. I had one, they're really not as bad as everyone says.

Jackie said...

I was measuring ahead with Mo from week 29 on. They sent me for a growth ultrasound around 36 wks. and guesstimated that she would be between 9-10lbs. I delivered at 38 wk. 5 days and she was 8 lbs. even. I even said "That's it!" when they weighed her because I was so worried that she would be huge.
Sometimes those estimates can be off a bit. If baby does end up being a big one, chubby babies are way cuter anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...