Monday, July 6, 2009

Passed the 3 Hour Glucose Test !!!

I am seriously hating calls from the OB and visits there as well. Every time I hear from them, it is something else.

I had my first growth scan last week due to the marginal insertion of the cord. Growth was fine, but have high fluid. Doc said that the fluid level could be high due to high sugar levels. Since I had my sugar test the same day, he knew we would just have to wait for those results.

Well, I found out today that I passed - yipee!. But, now it makes me kinda worried about the other reasons why the fluid levels would be high. It is obviously not due to high sugar levels.

Here are the results of my 3 hour GTT:

Fasting: 80
1 Hour: 127
2 Hour: 114
3 Hour: 78

My highest was still well within the normal ranges. So, no sugar problems there.

But now, I also find out that my hemoglobin (iron) is low. The range is 11.5-15 and mine is 9. So, not super low, but low. It is just one more thing that has to be taken care of / monitored.

So, now I have to be put on an iron supplement. I am taking so many meds it is crazy.

But I am thrilled that I passed the 3 hour sugar test.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! It's about time you don't have to worry about something!! Hang in there. Not too much longer to go! I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow and am already nervous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...