Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mommy - why are you putting spaghetti in the potty?

Do I need to say more? Probably not, but I will.

I have been throwing up almost everytime I change Lil J - poopy diapers, not just wet diapers. I have tried to do a bunch of different options to try not to throw up.

I have tried vicks under the nose, shoving baby wipes IN my nose, different breathing techniques, closing my eyes, everything. And, nothing is really working. And to make matters worse, Lil J has a dirty diaper at least 2 times a day.

We have working on potty training, REALLY working on it.

I really know that this is the reason why I have lost 10 pounds already in this pregnancy. I got the Rx for Zofran. But, I have not filled it. A part of me really does not want to. I really don't want to HAVE to take it. Plus, each time I go to change him, I really think it will not happen. Thinking this will be the one time that I do not throw up.

We have starting bribing Lil J to use the potty. Yeah, I know - I am a horrible mom. But, it is 2 green jelly beans, so not too bad.

About 5 minutes after we finished dinner, of course he announced that he needed to be changed. I made my husband do it. I mean, it is only fair - right? So, we put him to bed at the regular time and about 1/2 hour later he announced that he has to be changed again.

It was about 2 hours after we ate, so I thought it would be "one of those times" that I would not throw up. Nope, lost my entire dinner of spaghetti and meat sauce.

Lil J was so kind to ask, "mommy, why are you putting spaghetti in the potty" Note to self: meat sauce REALLY burns when it comes back up.

My doc also suggested pepermint oil under the nose, she said a lot of people who work in a morgue use it to stop the throwing up. I think I will look for that tomorrow.

So, now I technichally did not eat dinner, and my throat feels like it is burned. YUCK!

1 comment:

GibsonTwins said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds miserable! I hope Lil J takes to the bribes for you :) We tried bribing ours but at the time they were too young to understand the reward for the task concept. Girl twin is self-sufficient at potty time (she knows the steps and is capable of doing them herself with a reminder that she doesn't have to brush her teeth every single time she goes potty and washes her hands lol!) but boy twin- oh boy- he's given me a really tough time about going to the potty- first it was he was scared of the big potty, we bought a little potty. Then he didn't want to actually sit on the potty without his diaper on, finally something just clicked and I said I am not changing diapers anymore and luckily he's been only needing diapers at night.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...