Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yes, we are still moving forward with our adoption plans..

This seems to be a big question when we tell people that I am pregnant is if we are still going forward with the fost/adopt.

The short answer is YES!

The long answer is, we have be trying to have children for a long time time. Ever since before we were even married, we both knew we wanted to have a big family. So, when we decided to go forward with fost/adopt, we really jumped in feet first.

We learned so much about the process, so much about the kids, so much about everything. It became something that was very important to our whole family. I am not just talking about my husband and my son, I am talking about everyone.

Plus, this pregnancy may just be a fluke. What if I am never able to get pregnant on my own. Then we would have to do the whole process over again. No thank you.

The only thing that is changing is the number of children that we will accept. We really never wanted more than 3 MAX. So, now, we are going to do a max of 2. As indicated in our final home inspection, our 3rd bedroom is large enough for 3 children. So, that wil really be our max.

We will just figure things out - that is what we just have to do. I am honestly not worried about it at all.

But, I will NEED a new car; probably a mini van. With the possiblity of 4 kids and 2 grown ups, we will never fit in a sedan. I am sure it will be a used van, but I really don't care :)

So, I just wanted to let everyone know what the plan is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy -

I recently found your blog during my TTC research. Normally I don't read full blogs when they come up, but yours caught me because I feel like we have some similarities. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading it, and couldn't be happier that you have been blessed with both a pregnancy and you are moving forward with adoption.

My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for nearly 2 years, and just attempted our first IUI a couple of days ago, 4th cycle of clomid. We have always considered adoption as well, so it's great to read all of your research, info and trials.

I'm sure it's weird having total strangers reach out to you, just wanted to add my congrats and positive thoughts, and wish you luck in the adoption process!

Joei said...

I am so happy for you and your family - I left you a thread on the board (Adopt)telling you that I was stalking you!!!! Again I am so happy for you!!
Joei_in_nj

theworms said...

I am so excited for you Amy!!! GL with the adoption and pregnancy, you'll be in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...