Thursday, February 12, 2009

Totally got my dates wrong

Again, I am pretty boring. But, I knew today was the 12th of Feb. And, this whole week, I thought to myself - "well, maybe on the 12th I can write a post about my IUI one year ago" Sounds like a good idea, right.

Yeah, well until I just went through my blog from last year and saw that my IUI was on Feb 6th, not the 12th. I have no idea why I thought it was the 12th. Maybe I did weird math in my head.

Anyway - let's go with "My first IUI was a year ago" just for the sake of this post.

I can't believe that my first IUI was over a year ago. I remember how totally nervous I was to even make the first RE appointment. I seriously kept thinking, "it will happen for us, it will". By the time I made the first appointment, we had been trying for 1 yr 2.5 months. For me it seemed like an eternity.

We always knew that we wanted kids in our house, lots of them. We never thought it would be an issue. We were in the group that thought, Go off the pill, get pregnant. Like so many people I know actually do just that.

Of course it did not happen like that - and that is fine. When I finally made that appointment, I was relieved, thought, yes, this is our chance. Little did I know what the next year would hold for us.

2008 was quite a year for us. Lots of joy, and lots of heartache. I KNOW 2009 will be a better year for us - it just HAS to be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...