Sunday, February 22, 2009

Letting the cat out of the bag

I am PREGNANT!

I was waiting until we told our families because I have some family members that read my blog. I would hate for them to read it here before I had a chance to tell them myself.

Anyway, we found out about a month ago - totally unexpected. In Jan, I said to myself that I would not chart, would not track ovulation using OPK, just would not worry. I also vowed not to test unless I was late, because I really could not take the stress of yet another loss (even a really early one).

I did just that. In fact - because of travel and busy schedules, and sickness, my husband and I only had relations ONCE that cycle. Yup, once.

So, when my period was late, I became suspicious. I did not test until I was 3 days late and within 2 seconds, it was positive! You can say I was shocked!

But, with my history, I knew a positive test really did not mean to much. I went to the RE on the Monday after my positive test, they were happy for me and said that they would monitor me and the pregnancy.

My betas were great and doubled perfectly. I did have some bleeding issues early on, but the u/s showed no problems.

We have had several ultrasounds and have seen the heartbeat several times. Plus, the growth has been right on schedule. This pregnancy is so far my longest pregnancy...and the RE seems really confident that this will last for a very long term (full term).

It has been really hard not to post this on here, but now that my family knows, I can add this info here.

Currently, I am 8 1/2 weeks and go back on Friday for another U/S. My first OB appointment is when I am exactly 10 weeks.

I will of course keep this blog updated. :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Woo Hoo! I've been so excited for you and WAITING to be able to comment about it on your blog. I'm glad you waited to tell family first before putting it on the blog. I can't believe you are 8 1/2 weeks already! My how time flies!!!!!

Leah said...

Yay! I'm glad that you let the cat out of the bag! Sooo excited for you!! How did the family react?

Lisa said...

Wow, congrats ! I guess it just had to be for you to relax and not think about it ! I will pray for you and a happy and healthy 9 months ! Cant wait to flow your blog
God Bless

Mandy said...

OMG, that is awesome!!!! Congrats!

kjames106 said...

Congrats!!! For some reason I had a feeling you were. Glad you let the cat out of the bag! HH9M!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Amy!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...