Friday, February 27, 2009

I GRADUATED!!!!!!!!

Today was my last RE appointment and I have officially graduated :) I can't believe that this has FINALLY come. After all the stuff from last year, I am so lucky to start the new year off right.

Today's scan looked great, still measuring fine and the heartrate was 160 - I am trying not to google it, my doc said it was great.

He will also be slowly gettting me off the prometrium. Which makes me nervous. And here is a confession. When I first found out I was pregnant, I increased my dose of the prometrium without my doctor's knowledge. I was supossed to take one pill in the morning and one at night. But, I was taking 1 in the morning and TWO at night. I knew it was not something that could hurt the pregancy, and since all my other pregnancies I had very low P4, even with the supps, I figured I would self medicate.

And, now, I am not sure if that is what kept me pregnant???? I mean it is totally possible that everything would have been fine with the standard dose, but I did not want to take any chance.

So, I will follow the directions and slowly wean off, but just at a different pace than he suggests. It just makes me really nervous to not be on the progesterone. But, from what I have read, and what he has told me, the placenta takes over very soon, so I really should not have any worries.

I also had to have TONS of OB bloodwork done today at a regular lab. The tech said to me, "Oh, you are expecting" That one word nearly sent me over the edge. Imagine, ME - expecting a baby. Not just pregnant, but expecting!!

And more news, I hate my Motherhood Maternity Store.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Yay!! Great news! I'm so happy everything looks good!

As for your prometrium??? You know how I feel about that. Is your RE still checking your bloodwork? We've been checking mine at least once a week since week 4. Mostly twice a week. I have been on 800 mg a day and my prog. stays between 20 and 25. Ideal is around 20-30, depending on which doctor you ask. I know your doc suggests a much lower number. Two weeks ago my P4 went up to 40 and she weened me down to 400 mg/day. I had some spotting and we checked again 3 days later and it had dropped to 20. I put myself back on 800 mg/day and checked again in 4 days. It was back up to 27. It was 44 this past Monday and I went down to 400 mg/day again. I checked blood again today and am waiting on results. All of that to say, I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT, that I would have miscarried without it. With your history, I would demand that your RE follow your numbers. Progesterone can fall into dangerous number within a few days and can cause miscarriage. My RE and OB both say the placenta kicks in somewhere around 12 - 15 weeks. The fact that your RE says it will kick in soon and you shouldn't worry worries me. My OB said she's had patients on P4 supplements until 15 weeks. You are what, 9 weeks? PLEASE PLEASE make your RE check. Or if he won't have your OB do it. Weekly!! I don't mean to sound bossy but you know how I feel. And we've both been through too much to have something bad happen that could have been easily prevented. I'm not trying to scare you, but we both have p4 issues and I just worry...for both of us!!
Good luck! Can't wait to be pregnant together!!! We'll have to compare stories along the way.!

Erica said...

I am soooo happy for you!!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

160 huh? My guess is it's a girl :)

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news, congratulations.
I had not been up on your blog and then read today and was surprised!! So happy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...