Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yup - more about my niece

I have gone to see my niece every week now since she was born. Sofia will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I just can't believe how fast she is growing and how much she is changing.

I got a little teary-eyed yesterday - and not for the reasons you would think.

My sister Katie and I have never been "close". Yes, we got along, sent e-mails, and had conversations over dinner, etc. But, she is not one of my sisters (I have 4) that I would call on a regular basis, or hang out with outside of family functions.

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved her (and even her husband) - but I guess I was just closer to some of my other sisters.

Well, since I have been going there every week, I really feel as though we have become closer. Maybe it is because we now are both mom, maybe because we have both lost pregnancies, maybe it is just because I have the time to do these visits.

Whatever the reason, I love it - and got teary-eyed over it yesterday.

To celebrate our visit - I of COURSE took pics of my beautiful sweet little niece.



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Amy, your niece is ADORABLE!! I'm glad to hear you and your sister are getting closer. That is awesome!

Jackie said...

She is so adorable and what great pics her auntie takes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...