Friday, October 24, 2008

"knowing someone" is not always a good thing

My neighbor works for the Dept of C.hildren's S.ervices in my state. She has been great about answering my questions about the process.

I originally spoke to her on Oct 8th to get basic information. We talked for a while. At the end of our conversation, she said that she would bring home a application and leave it in my mailbox.

I was thinking, "great, we will get the process started soon"

Fast forward to this past Sunday (Oct 19th), she still has not left anything. I have to admit, I was trying to make my presence known - on Sunday, I saw that she was raking leaves, so I went to get something from my car and started chatting about random things.

She mentions that she has not forgotten about the app, it has just been hectic at work. She then tells me that there is a training class (required) that is starting on Nov 3rd and that she could probably get me into that class if my apps are completed before the end of the month.

She reminds me that she will give me the apps asap. If we do not do this training class, we either have to wait 3-4 months for the next class in my area, or travel to another county for the classes.

So, here is it - Oct 24, and she still has not left the application. I would call myself, but I know what her to feel that I went around her back. But, the end of the month is next week and we are running out of time.

So frustrating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...