Friday, August 8, 2008

Infertility Miscarriage Bracelet - My take on Infertility's Common Thread

You can read all about Infertility's Common Thread on a previous blog post. But, I thought I would change it up a bit to reflect a m/c as well as IF. Both suck, but having to deal with both of them TOTALLY sucks. So, I wanted to have one piece that represented both.

I went to the store and bought some beads. I looked for a charm that had tiny feet on it but really did not find anything. I was not looking to spend loads of money. I just wanted something inexpensive that I could do myself.

Even though the common thread color is supposed to be pomegranate, I thought the red was close enough. I added 2 sections of pink and blue beads to represent the two babies that I have lost. I also added the butterfly as I have heard that it is a symbol of fertility.



They really are nothing fancy. Just beads on a piece of elastic. But, I like it.

I have lots of extra beads and even some extra butterflies. If you want one, I will make you one and send it to you for free. Just leave me a comment or send me an e-mail at makeitgrandetc at yahoo dot com.

Maybe it will be a conversation starter. And like I have said before - Conversation Breeds Awareness.



3 comments:

Kristen said...

While I've never suffered a miscarriage, per se, I feel like I have in some ways since my embryo's haven't implanted. Does that make sense? It isn't a medically termed miscarriage, but in my mind they were in my uterus, trying to thrive, but with no success.

I love your bracelet!

Dale Graves said...

I love the bracelet!

Whenever anyone asks how many children I have, I hesitate because I remember two lost ones and hate not to mention them. I like how you claimed your babies in such a sweet way.
Peace,
Angie Best-Boss
My Fertility Plan

Anonymous said...

My aunt just found out 2 months ago that she had finally gotten pregnant again.. then about a month ago found out it was twins.. then today she found out that she lost both of them. I have been blessed with two beautiful children.. miscarriage crossed my mind while pregnant.. but now the hurt for her has came into my heart and won't leave..

So to all you mothers out there that have lost their children.. or havn't been able to get their embryo's to take.. I am sorry. very sorry. my heart goes out to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...