Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My sister is having a GIRL!!!

My sister told us she was pregnant the day before we found out we lost our pregnancy. I must admit, it kind of upset me that she was pregnant and I was not.

I was so happy for her though, she lost a pregnancy last year. After I lost mine, she was really the only one that really understood what I was feeling. Even now, she knows how I feel. being pregnant after a m/c is hard emotionally.

Anyway - she found out yesterday that she is having a GIRL!!! I thought that she might be having a girl, but I was THRILLED when she told me. I have no idea why I was so excited. I guess I would have been just as excited if she said she was having a boy.

I was so sure that she was having a girl that I started making a quilt that was very girl. She is not a frilly pink type of person, so i found fabric that was rusts and browns and blues. Even though the blue is in there, the print is very girly. i figured if she did not have a girl, I could possibly give it to someone else.

We will not be finding out the sex of this baby. I only found out with Colin by accident - 3 days before he was born. I was mad that the doctor let it slip. I really did not want to know.

She did tell us that she will be keeping the name a secret until the baby is born - which I also think is a good idea. This way SOMETHING is a surprise. Plus, who really wants all the comments from everyone else. I told my mom a few names, and she said "gross" to each of them.

So - until birth, our baby will be known as Mufasa - my husbands choice. A good strong name. Of course this name will not be on the actual list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...