Monday, May 5, 2008

This cycle is a go!

So, I finally got my first period after the d&c. It only took 6 weeks and 1 day - lucky me. Today is CD3. So, I am off to the RE for u/s and b/w.

But - here is the kicker - I will be on a business trip from CD12 - CD16. But, I DO NOT want to sit this cycle out.

For the cycle I got pregnant I took clomid on CD5-9 and had an IUI on CD15. So, under standard assumptions, I guess if I did clomid the same time again I could expect the same results, right.

But, in the past - when I did clomid, I did not ovulate until CD18. So, there is a possibility that I can still squeeze in an iui.

And trust me, if I can't do the IUI, I will be jumping my husband as soon as I get home.

UPDATE
Spoke to the doctor. He basically said that there is no way to predict when you will ovulate with the clomid (knew that).

But, he said that I can start the clomid today (CD3) and that it is possible that by CD11 I might be ready to do a trigger.

If that is the case, I will trigger on CD11 and jump my husband before I leave for my trip. I have to go down to my mom's that night because she is driving me to the airport for my 7am flight on CD12.

So, we will just hope for the best and hope that:
1) my husband can produce on command;
2) that his super sperm are waiting around for my eggs; and
3) that I have measurable follies on CD11

If I am not ready to trigger on CD 11, then I will take OPKs when I am on my trip. When I get a positive, I will trigger.

But, I will only trigger if it is a positive on or after Friday.

So, this cycle is just the luck of the draw. So, we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...