Monday, March 10, 2008

I bribed my contractor with cookies

So, our loan FINALLY went though. The money was in our account on Sat. I have never seen that much money in my account at one time. Kind of cool to see.

Too bad all of it will be gone in a matter of weeks.

My contractor has been GREAT - he basically has been working for very little money. Since he knew we were getting our money, he prepaired a bill of sorts. The initial deposit (which we still had not paid) minus any payments that we have made, plus any overages thus far (extra money spent for the vanity, tiles, etc). He gives us an allowance for all items and then we just pay over if we spend more than the allowance.

So, since we have the money now, we are giving him what we owe him. Our payments are divided in thirds so we still need to give him a lot more after today.

So, I baked 3 batches (9 dozen) cookies and wrote him a really nice note. Saying how much we wanted to thank him for understanding about the loan and how great he has been as a contractor.

Of course I am thankful - but the cookies were really just so we stay on good terms. I sure they will gobble them up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...