Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Youngest Mom, Oldest Child

Today is the first day back at school. So I was talking to the other parents at work. It turns out that Colin is the oldest kid. Cool. BUT, I am the youngest mom out of all of the parents. By a lot!

Getting pregnant at 19 was not really in my life plan, but whatever - you deal with what you are given. Most times I don't think it really makes that much difference. I have a great kid and think I am a good mom. The "young mom" usually is not an issue. But now, he is almost a teenager and I still look pretty young. Not 16 young, but younger than I am. I am constantly getting, "you have a teenager?"...."you do not look old enough to have a 12 year old"....."are you his sister?"

When he was first born, I looked like I was 15-16, boy did I get the stares. It was really bad when he was about 1-2 yrs old. I still looked like a teenager, but now with a toodler, which in their eyes meant that I was 14 when I had him.

I think being a young single mom made me the person who I am now. Let's hope that I will not an "old" mom when I ever have another kid.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...